Vancouver Building Envelope Student Video Competition
We are privileged to announce the launch of our CCBST 2017 Student Video Competition.
At CCBST 2017 we are going to showcase student project work completed across Canada, North America and the World by having presentation by video format competition. Submissions shall be viewed by conference attendees and final judges shall be leading building science and building envelope experts from across Canada.
At BCBEC and CCBST 2017 we see the value in connecting the dots in the industry between Students, Educators, Industry Professionals and manufacturers from across Canada. This is a great opportunity for you to engage your local resources to showcase your abilities and share your thoughts with others.
Entrants should be able to make a video on a chosen topic that guarantees the following:
- You are a student of educational facility such as a college, university or highschool.
- Your video should be between 150 to 200 seconds (longer video will be cut off).
- Your video topic should be related to construction, the building envelope and building science.
- Audio and visual quality plays an essential role in choosing the winners.
- You are welcome to enlist the assistance from other Sectors in your school (Videography, Journalism, and multimedia programs) for the best professional style video but an smartphone maybe all you really need.
- Use of fluent and comprehensible language is a must. If alternative languages to English are utilized, please provide English subtitles or translated voice overs.
- Your project submission shouldn’t affect your studies or interrupt your classes!
- Entrants should be able to deliver their work no later than September 1st 2017, full submission details to follow.
- Winners do NOT have to be present at the CCBST Conference to win.
- Significant Prize Money shall be sponsored for First Place, Second Place, Third Place and Viewers Choice Award.
- The winners will be awarded a certificate of achievement in addition to Prize Money.
- Viewers Choice award shall be awarded after the end of the conference – with conference attendees and web-submission to the number of “Approve / Likes” to the video.
- There is no limitation on the number of entrants, but there is a limited time for judges and presentation of videos at the CCBST Event. CCBST 2017 reserves the right to only present the top 20 videos to the judges.
- CCBST 2017 reserves the right not to show any or all submitted videos.
- Be creative.
- Know your audience: the attendees at the CCBST 2017 conference.
- Keep your message conscience and focused.
- Collaborate with Industry – work with a consultant or manufacturer to gain insight or resources.
- Clarity of Purpose
- Degree of Difficulty
- Knowledge of Subject
- Quality of Presentation
IDEAS FOR PROJECTS
- Modeling Versus Actual Measured Results
- Test Hut Results
- Case Studies from the Field
- Installation Details – show us how!
- Manuals – comparison between competing products online installation resources
- Developing “Best Practice Guides”
- Performance of “Innovative Materials” – from VIP to Organic Mushroom Insulation
- Air Barrier Measurements
- Material Capability between common building enclosure products
- Windows – performance, types,
- Historical Buildings – retrofits and renewal
- Living walls and Roofs